We have a confession: we may be popcorn addicts. Popcorn might be the nostalgic feeling it gives us thinking back to movie hours on the sofa when we were kids, or the crunchy pleasure and inventive ways you can season it to change it into whatever flavor you choose.
Or the fact that popcorn is a low-calorie, high-volume healthful whole grain snack. The fact is that we probably run out of popcorn kernels for all of these reasons more often than we like to admit. We’re not going to give up this addiction anytime soon, so we thought we’d share some of your favorite flavoured popcorn snacks in a healthy ways to eat.
- To make it fake cheesy, combine 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast and 2 teaspoons melted butter or olive oil. If you’ve never eaten nutritional yeast, the word alone may put you off, but trust us when we say it’s excellent with a cheesy and nutty flavor. It’s also high in B vitamins, fibre, and protein, making it ideal for vegetarians.
- Combine 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper in a mixing bowl. Toss the popped popcorn with the cheese mixture after spraying it with canola or olive oil.
- Combine 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Immediately after frying, stir the popcorn with 2 tablespoons coconut oil, then sprinkle with the cocoa topping and throw in the bag.
- Mix 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon oregano, and 1 teaspoon paprika for pizza While the popcorn is still hot, evenly coat it with olive oil and toss with the spice mix.
- Blend 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 2 teaspoons honey, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Microwave for 20 seconds or until heated, then mix with popcorn until evenly covered.Spread the popcorn out on a tray for about a minute to allow the peanut butter to dry.